Autel Robotics releases new firmware version V2.725 for the Autel EVO II drone as well as a new iOS app V1.10.11 and a new Android app V1.17.73.
Through the new firmware update, Autel brings geofencing and a range of other new features to the drone.
Firmware Version Table and Release Notes
This firmware package V2.7.25 (EVO II V1) and V2.1.31 (EVO II V2) contain the following component updates:
|COMPONENT||EVO II V1||EVO II V2|
|RC Image Transmission||V18.104.22.168||V22.214.171.124|
- Added Panorama intelligent flight– Landscape, Portrait, Wide-angle (with photo stitching capability), and Sphere (w/o photo stitching capability)
- Added NTRIP Network RTK support on EVO II RTK series
- Added FLIR Boson 640 Radiometric sensor support
- Added customizable Home Point option
- Added A/B button flight speed change option (Standard <-> Ludicrous)
- Added EVO II V2 support on V2.1.31
Bug Fixes and Optimizations:
- Optimized No-Fly zone notifications
- Smoother gimbal pitch start and stop adjustment
- Increased the gimbal pitch sensitivity to support super slow movement.
- Standardized the GPS coordinate system (WGS84)
Notes: To support all the new features, please upgrade the Autel Explorer app to iOS V1.10.11, Android V126.96.36.199 or newer.
It is important to point out that Autel will only send you geofencing warning notifications and will still allow you to take off. Unless the country in which you, fly requires Autel to restrict you. Not the end of the world yet, but it does open the door for the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) to impose restrictions on Autel pilots.
App Release Notes
Download the firmware package for manual updates, or update firmware via the Autel Explorer app. Click here for video instructions on how to update firmware over the air.
EVO II V1: V2.7.25
EVO II V1: V2.7.25 Jul-01-2021
EVO II V1 and V2 firmware are not compatible.
EVO II V2: V2.1.31
EVO II V2: V2.1.31 Jul-11-2021