Autel Evo 2 drone is upcoming! As per recent FCC filings, Autel Robotics is coming out with a new drone named EVO 2 that will hit the markets in 2020.
Autel Evo 2 drone
From Autel Robotics describes, the new foldable Evo 2 drone's camera will be the biggest highlight it will feature user-changeable gimbal modules that offer you the choice of an 8K video camera, a 6K video camera with a 1-inch sensor, or a dual-sensor gimbal with an infrared camera and an 8K video camera.
And if that wasn’t enough to get your attention, it will fly for 35 minutes! Now, look at more highlights of EVO 2 with us.
Getting to Know Autel Evo 2 Quickly
The EVO 2 is a foldable quadcopter with a stabilized 3-axis camera gimbal and 4 different types of the integrated HD camera.
The EVO 2 delivers not only advanced features like obstacle avoidance and intelligent flight modes, but also high-tech muscle that brings home a top speed of 44 mph, a 35-minute flight time and an operating distance of 16 miles.
In-flight performance, however, is just the start. The EVO 2’s stabilized 3- axis camera allows you to shoot at up to 8K/25 fps, and view the live feed at up to 1080p on your mobile device or the remote control’s built-in OLED screen.
Highlights of Autel Evo 2
1.Autel EVO 2 Gimbal & Camera- three user-changeable gimbal modules
Three user-changeable gimbal modules are available for use with the EVO 2:
- 586 gimbal: provides an 8K video camera that will take still photos of up to 48MP and records 8K video at 25 fps, 6K at 30 fps, or 4K at 30 or 60 fps with a bit rate of up to 120 Mbps.
- 383 gimbal: features an Ultra-HD camera with a 1-inch sensor for 6K video and still photos of up to 20MP. It will record video up to 5.5K at 60fps or 4K video at 120 fps and has an adjustable lens aperture from f/2.8 to f/11.
- Dual-sensor gimbal: provides an infrared camera that takes infrared images of 640 x 512 or 320 x 256 and records video at 720p at 30 fps in dual image mode. It has the same 8K video camera as described above.
All three camera modules on the New Autel Evo 2 support:
- Single shot
- Burts shooting
- Auto exposure bracketing (AEB)
- High-dynamic-range (HDR) imaging
- NIGHTBEAT (high signal-to-noise ratio)
Autel evo 2 Camera Structure introduction
Photos can be saved as DNG or JPG formats, and video footage can be recorded either MOV or MP4 formats on the Autel Evo 2.Footage is saved to an SD card, and the Evo 2 supports capacities up to 128GB.
2.Omnidirectional Binocular Vision Sensing System- 360-degree obstacle avoidance
The EVO 2’s front, rear, left, right, top, and bottom binocular vision sensing systems use image data to calculate the distance between the aircraft and potential obstacles. The system will halt the aircraft’s forward progress when an obstacle is detected.
EVO 2’s front, rear, left, right, top, and bottom binocular vision sensing systems
Other specs of EVO 2:
- Flight time on the new Autel Evo 2 is 35 minutes.
- Top speed of 44 mph
- Operating distance of 16 miles
- No geo-fencing
- Remote controller with OLED screen built-in
- Autel Explorer app
- 90-minute charge time
- GPS and ATTI flight modes
- Go Home function
- Accurate Landing feature
- Starpoint Positioning System
- Smart Tracking
- Gesture Commands
- Take-off weight 1000 grams or 2 lb 3 oz
Expect the Evo 2?
Autel Evo 2 will be released in 2020 and the official announcement will take place at CES. Expect the Evo 2 to be available soon thereafter at retailers such as DroneNerds, B&H, Adorama, BestBuy, and Amazon.
Want to get Evo 2 at the first time after release, please subscribe, we will notify you once Evo 2 is available.