There are thousands of consumer drones, which one is best for you? Finding the perfect drone for beginners Starting with Autel drone or DJI drone? Let’s find the best Autel consumer drones in this guide.
Top Beginner-Friendly Drones of 2024
Best Beginner Drone of 2024 #1: DJI Mini 4 Pro
Designed for beginners and professionals alike, this lightweight drone offers superior power in a compact package.
- -Weights under 249 grams so in most cases you don't need to register
- - Capture 4K/60fps HDR video
- - With all-round obstacle sensing function
- - 20km full HD video transmission
- - ActiveTrack 360° and new tracking modes
- - Maximum flight time is 34 minutes
- - MasterShots and Quickshots for intuitive smart shooting
- -Hyperlapse/time-lapse mode
DJI Mini 4 Pro is the latest version of DJI’s mini drone series. The lightweight drone incorporates many innovative designs. No drone registration is required, ActiveTrack 360 provides professional-grade tracking shots that can be quickly edited using the Light Cut app for the best drone photography video possible.
DJI Mini 4 Pro simplifies the shooting process and has functions such as MasterShots and Quickshots to quickly capture high-quality content and ensure professional-level smart shooting. Up to 34 minutes of flight time gives drone beginners more time to practice their flying skills and camera angles.
Best Beginner Drone of 2024 #2: Autel EVO Nano+
- - 1/1.28-inch sensor, 4K 50MP shooting
- - Weight less than 249 grams, no registration required
- - Three-axis gimbal design for shooting HDR videos
- - One-click filmmaking function, Dynamic Track 2.0 theme tracking option
- - Autel Skylink image transmission has a maximum range of 10 kilometers
- - Automatic takeoff, return-to-home (RTH) and precision hover
The EVO Nano+ drone is the best among the best mini drones in 2024. It has a 1/1.28-inch CMOS camera and a three-axis gimbal to shoot smooth 4K aerial footage. The drone can also perform subject tracking of people. This gives you superior aerial tracking shots and frees your hands.
The Autel EVO Nano+ drone is equipped with obstacle avoidance sensors in three directions: forward, downward, and rear. This can help drone novices better determine the flight safety of the drone and avoid reducing the occurrence of drone accidents.
Best Beginner Drone of 2024 #3: DJI Mini 3
DJI DJI Mini 3 has a compact and lightweight design that can be easily folded and taken with you when traveling.
Its compact and lightweight design makes it perfect for travel. Fold it, pack it, and you're ready to go! Despite its size, DJI doesn’t compromise on performance. What you get: Ensure every moment is captured in detail-rich 4K HDR.
- - Extended flight time: up to 51 minutes with Intelligent Flight Battery+
- - Weighs less than 249 grams, allowing optional registration in many regions
- - 4K HDR video capture using 1/1.3-inch CMOS sensor and dual native ISO
- - Innovative gimbal design with large angle tilt and true vertical shooting mode
- - QuickShots options such as Dronie, Circle, Helix, Rocket and Boomerang
- - DJI O2 image transmission has a maximum range of 10 kilometers
- - Automatic takeoff, return-to-home (RTH) and precision hover
The DJI Mini 3 stands out with its long battery life and impressive camera features. Travel bloggers can take advantage of the Mini 3’s 4K HDR option and portrait shooting capabilities to create immersive tours.
The DJI Mini 3 drone has a long enough flight time for drone novices to fully test the drone’s movie mode and practice sufficient flying skills. The Mini 3 drone has a wind resistance level of level 5, a maximum image transmission range of 10km, and the drone only has a downward obstacle avoidance sensor.
Best Beginner Drone of 2024 Drone #4: Autel EVO Lite+
The Autel EVO Lite+ is a 1-inch photography drone that offers outstanding 6K video and 40 minutes of flight time.
- - Equipped with 1-inch CMOS camera, shoots 4K/60fps or 6K/30fps video
- - One battery design, maximum flight time 40 minutes
- - 12km HD video transmission using Autel Skylink technology
- -Supports level 7 wind resistance and 4000m maximum take-off altitude
- - Multiple shooting modes and 3-axis gimbal for stable shooting
- - Moonlight algorithm, clearer night shots
The Autel EVO Lite+ drone has powerful photography capabilities, with a 1-inch CMOS sensor, high-definition 6K/30fps video, 20MP photo processing capabilities, and ISO6400, which can capture clear scenes over the city at night and capture wonderful moments.
The EVO Lite+ drone has a maximum flight time of up to 40 minutes. It has a three-axis gimbal design and a maximum flight speed of up to 12m/s. It has multiple shooting modes and three obstacle avoidance modes: forward, backward and down. It can provide subject tracking, one-stop key to return home and other functions.
Best Beginner Drone of 2024 Drone #5: DJI Air 3
Better image quality? How about the drone DJI Air 3 for beginners?
You might just be a budding drone pilot, but who says you can't capture stunning images with your gadget? Take your aerial photography to the next level with DJI Air 3.
- - Dual cameras: 1/1.3-inch CMOS wide-angle camera and 3x medium telephoto camera
- - Capture 4K/60fps HDR video and 48-MP photos
- - Flight time extended by 46 minutes
- - Omnidirectional obstacle sensing
- - DJI O4 20km HD image transmission
At the heart of DJI Air 3 is the dual camera system. Wide-angle and mid-telephoto cameras offer versatility in taking photos, ensuring images are always sharp whether you're capturing vast landscapes or focusing on specific details. The ability to record in 4K at 60 fps ensures smooth, high-definition sequences.
DJI Air 3 offers an impressive 46 minutes of flight time, ensuring you have plenty of time to experiment, tweak and capture the essence of your subject - now you can also do it in first-person view.
Best Beginner Drone of 2024 Drone #6: DJI Mini 2 SE
Also at the forefront of aerial photography is the DJI Mini 2 SE, a palm-sized drone that's perfect for beginners but delivers stunning 2.7K video.
- - Weight less than 249 grams
- - Equipped with 1/2.3-inch CMOS camera with 2.7K video capability
- - Extended maximum flight time by 31 minutes
- - 10km HD video transmission using DJI O2 technology
- -Supports wind resistance up to 38kph (level 5) and maximum takeoff altitude of 4000m
- - Quick shooting, panorama, 4x zoom and 3-axis gimbal for stable shooting
- - Simple one-touch takeoff, landing and return-to-home (RTH) functionality
DJI Mini 2 SE is often one of the options for low-budget beginners. The drone has a 1/2.3-inch CMOS 12MP Camera that provides clear 2.7K video, and the aerial bird's-eye view is clear enough to see. Compared with 2.7K drones and 4K drones, video clarity and detail processing will be lost, but it is good enough for beginners.
DJI Mini 2 SE has some wonderful built-in aerial lenses that require no manual adjustments, giving drone novices a stunning viewing experience. DJI Mini 2 SE does not require registration, saving beginners trouble.
Write at the end
Autel Drones and DJI Drones offer a range of drones tailored to the needs and skills of newbies. From lightweight designs to incredible camera specs, these beginner-friendly drones offer it all.